General Information about browsing SGL Websites
At SGL, no account or personal information is retrieved from SGL when a client or visitor browses the public (pre-login) areas of our websites. Although SGL uses website data to improve the content and services offered to its website visitors, such data is reported on an aggregate, anonymous basis, and we associate no personal information with such gathering of data. Such data may include: how many people visit our websites; the pages they visit; how long they stay on our websites; and the domain name of the site visitors connect from (e.g., google.com).
Why and How We Collect Personal Information
When registering for access to our site or applying for or maintaining an account with SGL we collect personal information about you for business purposes. This information helps SGL in evaluating your financial needs, processing your requests and transactions, informing you about products and services that may be of interest to you, and providing customer service. The personal information we collect about you includes:
- Information you provide to us on applications and other forms, such as your name, address, date of birth, social security number, occupation, assets, and income.
- Information about your transactions with us and with our affiliates.
- Information you provide to us to verify your identity, such as a passport, or received from other entities not affiliated with SGL.
How We Protect Personal Information
We limit access to your personal information to only those employees who need access in order to service your account and help you accomplish your financial objectives by providing you with a broad range of products and services. Our employees are required to maintain and protect the confidentiality of your personal information and must follow established procedures to do so. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. We do not rent or sell your name or personal information to anyone. Sharing Information With Our Affiliates We may share personal information described above with our affiliates for business purposes, such as servicing customer accounts and informing customers about new products and services, and as permitted by applicable law. Our affiliates are companies controlled or owned by us, or companies controlling or under common control with our parent company (SGL) and us, and include financial service companies, such as dealers, other brokers, futures commission merchants, and advisers. The information we share with affiliates for marketing purposes may include the information described above, such as name, address and SGL account information, but will not include other credit information, such as credit history appearing on a consumer credit report or net worth and income information appearing on applications for our products and services.
Disclosure to Non-Affiliated Third Parties
In order to support the financial products and services we provide to you, we may share the personal information described above with third-party service providers and joint marketers not affiliated with us, including
- Financial service institutions (e.g., advisers, dealers, brokers, trust companies and banks) with whom we have joint marketing agreements, such as agreements to market financial services or products that we jointly offer, endorse or sponsor.
- Companies under contract to perform services for us or on our behalf, such as vendors that prepare and mail statements and transaction confirmations or provide data processing, computer software maintenance and development, transaction processing and marketing services These companies acting on our behalf are required to keep your personal information confidential. Also, we may disclose personal information with non-affiliated companies and regulatory authorities as permitted or required by applicable law. For example, we may disclose personal information to cooperate with regulatory authorities and law enforcement agencies to comply with subpoenas or other official requests, and as necessary to protect our rights or property.
Updating your personal information we endeavor to keep our customer files complete and accurate. Most of this information is contained in account statements that you receive from us and applications that you submit to obtain our products and services. We encourage you to review this information and notify us if you believe any information should be corrected or updated. If you have a question or concern about your personal information or this privacy notice, please contact SGL.
SGL uses its customer database for its own internal marketing efforts via email. Customers or former customers can opt-out of receiving the SGL promotional email by sending an email request. No future promotional material will be emailed to these customers.
SGL does not share non-public information with any other entity for marketing purposes. Non-public information is only shared with our affiliates in the servicing of accounts. Nonpublic information will also be disclosed in response to subpoena, to prevent fraud, to comply with an inquiry by a government agency or other regulator, or as necessary for other legal purposes.
Since SGL does not disclose non-public information to unaffiliated third parties, no opt-out procedure is included.